Natural protein supplier and nutrient supplier for athletes
Vegalife Chia seeds are certified organic. Chia seeds are a natural source of protein and an effective nutrient source for athletes.
Are there any seeds that are more expensive than gold? Well, among the Mayas, chia seeds were actually traded at a very high price. And there is a reason for that: Chia seeds were used as a staple food and as a remedy.
Today Chia seeds have become an absolute must-have for athletes and all active people. Why?
- Chia seeds are a high quality source of protein.
- Chia seeds are a valuable source of essential omega-3 fatty acids.
- Chia seeds supply our body with energy for a long time.
- And yes: Chia seeds can also help you lose weight.
- Chia seeds are able to absorb ten to twelve times their volume of water. This leads to a natural feeling of satiety.
- Chia seeds provide important fiber that stimulates digestion.
- Incidentally, chia seeds have three times as much iron as spinach, five times as much calcium as milk and twice as much potassium as bananas.
Chia seeds – what’s inside?
Average nutritional value per 100 g:
- Energy value: 524 kcal
- Protein: 21.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.5 g
- Fat: 31.4 g
Saturated: 11.4-13 g
- Omega-6 fatty acids: 5.9 mg
- Omega-3 fatty acids: 20.36 g
- Dietary fiber: 33.7 g
- Calcium: 500 mg
- Copper: 1.5 mcg
- Iron: 6.5 mg
- Magnesium: 290 mg
- Phosphorus: 535 mg
- Potassium: 600 mg
- Zinc: 5 mg
Chia seeds can be used as follows:
- in green smoothies for the extra portion of proteins and to get fuller.
- about salads
- in your cereal or yoghurt
- for baking cakes
- as a thickener in sauces
Chia seeds are a high quality source of protein. Chia seeds supply our body with energy for a long time. And they are great for losing weight.
I love Chia seeds in my green smoothies. Or Chia fruit pudding. A dream.
Kati – Detox coach from Zurich